THE GUA SHA: Where an ancient massage method turns into the future beauty ritual
Gua Sha is an important natural technique that is used in traditional Chinese medicine which helps relieve muscle & joint pain on the body. The gua sha can be used on the face to increase the health and vitality of skin as a way of restoring youthful glow, contouring, anti-aging & helps lymphatic drainage. Other benefits from using this tool is that it improves skin elasticity & increases collagen production. Suitable for ALL skin types.
What is gua sha? What does gua sha mean?
Gua Sha (Chinese: 刮痧) is a part of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) & in English it has been known as ‘coining’ or ‘scraping’.
How to use a gua sha?
- Apply moisturiser or facial oil of your choice with lots of slip so that the tool is able to glide across your face smoothly.
- Sweep the gua sha on your neck gently to activate channels to drain lymph fluid.
- Place 2 fingers on your chin and glide the tool upwards, towards your earlobe to ur jawline & gently wiggle the tool at the end.
- Glide the tool underneath your cheekbone towards your hairline & wiggle the tool.
- Using the smaller parts of the gua sha, gently sweep from the corner of the eye towards the outer corner of the eye, then to the hairline.
- Place 2 fingers on the eyelid & glide upwards from brow to forehead & wiggle the tool on the hairline. Repeat step for middle of the forehead.